So you've decided to take the step to implement our Email Validation API. A good place to get started is to test the Email Validation API in the control panel located in the Email Validation tab. This way you can quickly and easily submit validations and view the JSON response from the API.
Here is a screenshot of the test email validation function in the customer control panel.
Great! So you've validated an address but what does the response mean? Let's take a look at the parameters in the JSON response.
- address - Address being validated
- did_you_mean - A suggested alternatively based on common misspellings or typos
- is_disposable_address - Returns true if the domain is a known disposable email address
- is_role_address - Returns true if the address is role based, e.g. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- is_valid - Checks the email against known provider rule list and returns false if a violation occurs
- mailbox_verification - Result of the mailbox verification check with the ESP. Does not affect is_valid
- parts - Parsed segments of the email address
- reason - Reason for address failing email validation check if applicable
We also have community driven SDKs for popular programming languages to help you implement Mailgun Email Validations into your project.
You are know ready to begin making API calls to start validating email addresses. To see the full technical details on how to implement and make calls to the Email Validation API, please see our technical documentation here.