It's the first of the month, and you've got a new invoice; how do you read it, and what specifically does the included information mean? Not to worry - with this post, we'll explore all the information presented in a Mailgun invoice and what it means for your account's activity.
Locating Your Invoices
We'll show you how to do this below:
- First, log in to the Mailgun Control Panel (if you have not already done so).
- Then, at the top-right corner of the page, click the Profile drop-down menu to expand its list of options.
- Next, click the Billing option. Alternatively, you can use this direct link.
- On the resulting page, click the Invoices tab and click the invoice number to view the invoice details.
The Invoice Page
There are four sections that each invoice will contain: Summary, Plan Summary, Message Details, and Email Verification Details.
- Summary: This section at the very top of the invoice will give you an overview of the charges incurred for the relevant billing period. Basic information such as your billing plan, the current amount due, and any previous balance that rolled over will be displayed in this section.
- Plan Summary: This section displays a breakdown of what is included with your current billing plan. For example, the number of messages, verifications, and IP addresses specific to your billing plan would be displayed here.
- Message Details: This section will allow you to view the total number of messages processed through your account, as well as the rate at which any overages are billed.
- Email Verification Details: Similar to Message Details, this section will show the number of email verifications processed over the billing period and the rate at which overages are billed.
All Together Now
The total amount due on your invoice will be a combination of your Message Details, your Email Verification Details, and the recurring subscription amount for the billing plan you have selected.
Some customers may notice invoices for $0.00 on the account. This means the account is either on a Free plan or on a Flex plan that has not accrued any charges for messages sent during the billing period.
Note: Mailgun has a minimum charge of $1, which means if you send less
than 1,001 emails in any given month, you will receive a $0.00 invoice.
If you send 1,001, we will add $1 to the balance, and any messages over
1,001 will be charged at a rate of $1.00 per thousand, per month.
Sinch Mailgun has answers! If you have any concerns or questions, please send us a Support ticket using the Support page within your Mailgun Control Panel. Our Support Team will be happy to assist!