Perhaps you've scheduled a message for future delivery but later realized the wrong date and time were specified. Or maybe you've seen a large number of retries enqueued because of mistyped addresses in your Logs, but didn't know how to stop them from piling up. Hopefully you've never had the headache of accidentally submitting a massive amount of messages to the wrong list, or the misfortune of creating an infinite sending loop through an accidental code deploy.
However, if you have - don't worry! Here's what you need to do:
The Solution To All That Ails You (Mostly)
The Clear Domain Queue feature available for every domain is the solution for any and all of the above situations. If you press this button, all enqueued messages for that domain will be deleted; mailing list sending, batch sending, scheduled sending, and emails that have temporarily failed but are still within our retry window. So, if you've recently performed any of the aforementioned types of sending, any and all emails remaining to be processed for that domain will be completely wiped from our system.
Clearing The Queue: A Quick Primer
We'll show you how to do this below:
- First, log in to the Mailgun Control Panel (if you have not already done so).
- Then, within the left-hand navigation pane, click the Sending option to expand its list of suboptions.
- Next, click the Domain settings suboption.
- Ensure that the domain for which you wish to clear the queue is displayed within the Domain drop-down list towards the upper-right portion of the page.
- Near the bottom of the page, locate the Advanced section and the Clear domain queue setting.
- Click the Clear queue button and confirm your intention to clear the queue by clicking the Clear queue button in the pop-up modal.
One Last Note Before You Go
It is important to note that the amount of time required to clear the domain's queue will vary based on the number of enqueued messages. Therefore, if a domain has thousands of messages enqueued, the deletion of all enqueued messages will not be instantaneous.
Mailgun by Sinch has answers! If you have any concerns or questions, please send us a Support ticket using the Support page within your Mailgun Control Panel. Our Support Team will be happy to assist!