By default, all accounts have their Message Retention settings set to 3 days. This can be adjusted (or disabled) in the Domain settings section of the Mailgun Control Panel for each of your domains. This is a domain-level, not an account-level, change, which means each domain would need to be customized individually. We'll show you how to do this below:
- First, log into the Mailgun Control Panel (if you have not already done so).
- Then, within the left-hand navigation pane, click the Sending option to expand its list of suboptions.
- Next, click the Domain settings suboption.
- Ensure that the domain for which you wish to edit the message retention settings is displayed within the Domain drop-down list towards the upper-right portion of the page.
In the General section and by the Message retention setting, click the Edit button.
or, if you're using the beta UI
Select the desired value, which includes disabling retention by setting the value to 0.
- Click Save retention settings to confirm the changes.
Note: Please keep in mind that setting the message retention will only affect messages going forward. A setting at 0 that is changed to 7, for example, will not have any effect on the 7 days of messages prior to you modifying the setting.
Sinch Mailgun has answers! If you have any concerns or questions, please send us a Support ticket using the Support page within your Mailgun Control Panel. Our Support Team will be happy to assist!