Mailgun operates a machine learning system that dynamically classifies accounts to protect our system against malicious users. While this system has a high accuracy rate at catching bad actors, we sometimes misclassify legitimate users in the process. If you feel that you have been wrongly classified, we will be happy to help remove the probationary state from your account in 3 easy steps.
STEP 1: Begin sending messages
First of all, we highly encourage you to begin sending messages because.... While the probation status limits the number of messages you can send per hour, it does not otherwise impact your ability to use Mailgun.
STEP 2: Verify your sending domain
Secondly, make sure that your sending domain has been added to your account and you have completed domain verification.
STEP 3: Submit a support ticket
Lastly, please submit a support ticket with responses to the following questions:
- What types of messages will your account be sending? Transactional or Marketing? Please tell us about how your business uses email.
- How do you obtain your list of email addresses?
- Have all of the users you are emailing opted-into receiving messages from you?
- What is your expected monthly volume of messages?
- Have you read our email best practices guide?
Once we receive your ticket, the sending restriction will typically be lifted in less than 24 hours. Occasionally, we may have additional clarifying questions that need to be answered before we can remove the probation status.
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out via a support ticket.