Free plan (no credit card required):
- 5,000 messages/month are included
- There is a limit of 300 messages per day on the included sandbox domain
- Data retention for Logs and the Events API is 1 day
- You cannot create custom domains
- You can only send to Authorized Recipients; and there is a maximum of 5 Authorized Recipients
If you opt to enter your credit card, you'll receive 5,000 free messages per month for 3 months. After the 3 months is up, if you haven't opted to upgrade into one of our subscription plans, you'll continue on a Pay as you Go plan, in which you'd pay for any messages you send at a rate of $0.80/1,000 messages. Additionally, on flex plans you get:
- No daily sending limit
- You get 5,000 free messages a month for 3 months. If you send over this amount during the first 3 months, additional messages are charged at a rate of $0.80/1,000 messages
- Data retention for Logs and the Events API is 5 days
- You can create custom domains
- Use of Authorized Recipients is not required to send with custom domains; you may send to whomever you like!
Please Note: Once you've upgraded to the Flex plan or a higher level subscription plan, the downgrade options will not allow the selection of the Free plan. While the account is operational, the Flex plan will be the lowest tier plan available for selection. Pairing the Flex plan with a custom message limit can ensure your sending remains below the 1,250 email threshold.
If these limits are not enough for your needs, take a look at our other plans via our pricing page: https://www.mailgun.com/pricing/. You'll find a full list of features and attributes to help inform your decision-making process.
If you don't find what you're looking for there, let's consider a custom contract! Our Sales representatives are here to find the best possible fit for your needs.
Need help upgrading your account? Check out this article.
If any questions arise, just reach out to our Support team via the Support tab in your Mailgun control panel!