With both Free and Concept plans, you receive 10,000 free messages per month. However, there are some limitations on the Free plan:
- There is a limit of 300 messages per day on the included sandbox domain
- Data retention for Logs and the Events API is 1 day
- You cannot create custom domains
- Use of Authorized Recipients is required; there is a maximum of 5 Authorized Recipients
However, if you place your payment information on file, you're upgraded to the Concept plan (so it's essentially the Free plan, with credit card information present). With the Concept plan comes the following benefits:
- There is no limit on the number of emails sent or received
- You get 10,000 free messages a month. If you send over this amount, you're only charged per the overage, at a rate of $0.50/1000 messages
- Data retention for Logs and the Events API is 5 days
- You can create up to 1,000 domains
- Use of Authorized Recipients is not required to send with custom domains; you may send to whomever you like!
If these limits are not enough for your needs, take a look at our other plans via our pricing page: https://www.mailgun.com/pricing-simple. You'll find a full list of features and attributes to help inform your decision-making process.
If you don't find what you're looking for there, let's consider a custom contract! Our Sales representatives are here to find the best possible fit for your needs; you can reach them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need help upgrading your account? Check out this article.
If any questions arise, just reach out to our Support team via the Support tab in your Mailgun control panel!