When managing multiple apps, it is recommended to use different SMTP credentials for each app to separate traffic between servers/apps.
Creating New SMTP Credentials
Inside the Mailgun Control Panel (options displayed down the left-hand side on a dark column), use the following instructions:
- Click on Sending on the left-hand side of your Mailgun dashboard.
- On the following page, click on your specific domain.
- On the following page, click on Domain Settings, then click on SMTP credentials.
- To update the password, click Reset Password.
- Confirm your password reset by clicking Reset Password in the pop-up.
- NOTE: The new SMTP password will be available within a dark-gray notification window that appears in the bottom-right portion of the Control Panel. Save this password in your application and in a secure password manager, as it will not be displayed again.
At this point, you can see your newly-created SMTP credential on the domain's credentials page.
For information on how to create additional SMTP credentials via the domains API see our documentation.
If any questions arise, just reach out to our Support team via the Support tab in your Mailgun control panel!