Downgrading The Account
If you find yourself needing to send significantly fewer emails moving forward, you may be wondering how to downgrade your account's current plan. We'll show you how to do this below:
1. Then, at the top-right corner of the page, click the Profile drop-down menu to expand its list of options.
2. Next, click the Plan & Billing option. Alternatively, you can use this direct link, particularly if you already logged into your account.
3. Here you will see the Mailgun product subscription (and, if subscribed, the InboxReady product subscription). Click the gear icon next to the green Upgrade button and select the Downgrade option.
Please note: if your account utilizes the Flex plan, this is the minimal plan that we offer. In other words, it is not possible to further downgrade the account. Unsubscribing from the Mailgun product subscription, and thus canceling the account as a whole, will be the only option present.
4. The resulting screen will show the plans available for downgrade. Adjust the slider tool to approximately match your new monthly sending volume and click the Select plan button for the desired plan.
Once a new plan is chosen, our system will effectively schedule a downgrade on your account: this means that the selected plan will display on the account but will not take full effect until right before the next billing cycle occurs. Billing cycles occur on the 1st day of each month; as such, before the billing process begins for the coming month, the scheduled downgrade will take full effect.
Canceling The Account
Now, if you wish to cancel the account completely (i.e. the Mailgun product subscription, as well as the InboxReady product subscription if you have subscribed to that product), we'll show you how to do this below:
- Then, at the top-right corner of the page, click the Profile drop-down menu to expand its list of options.
- Next, click the Manage Account option. Alternatively, you can use this direct link, particularly if you already logged into your account.
Warning: clicking the Request Cancellation button and confirming cancellation is both immediate and irreversible. All data on your Mailgun account will be deleted and unrecoverable.
Mailgun by Sinch has answers! If you have any concerns or questions, please send us a Support ticket using the Support page within your Mailgun Control Panel. Our Support Team will be happy to assist!