Domains are obviously fundamental to begin using your Mailgun account; it's where you're sending from! Aside from the limited testing options provided by an account's sandbox domain, a custom or personal domain is required to send emails through our platform, build a reputation, and establish a professional identity with your emails.
Check out our article on how to choose a domain if you do not already have a domain.
Inside the Mailgun Control Panel (options displayed down the left-hand side on a dark column), use the following instructions:
- Click on Sending on the left-hand side of your the Mailgun dashboard.
- Click the green Add New Domain button.
- Enter your Domain Name and choose your additional options.
- The region your domain will reside: US or EU.
- Create DKIM Authority - you would generally leave this checked by default.
- DKIM Length - a longer DKIM key will make spoofing your emails by malicious spammer more difficult. 1024-bit is selected by default, but 2048-bit can be used as well.
Note: Some DNS providers may have an issue with a 2048-bit DKIM keys, as they produce a string longer than 255 characters (exceeding the maximum character limit for a DNS entry).
- Once your options are set, click Add Domain to save your new domain.
The next page will provide you with the DNS records required for your domain to be verified with Mailgun. This information is also available in the Domains section of the control panel by clicking on a specific domain name.
If you need assistance getting your domain verified, check out this help center article.
If you would like to add a domain using the domains API, you can find more information in our documentation.
If any questions arise, just reach out to our Support team via the Support option in your Mailgun control panel!