Need a simple, efficient method to perform email verifications on a large scale quickly? Welcome to Bulk Verifications!
Our Bulk Verification feature provides a simple, easy-to-follow set of steps for verifying a large number of email addresses and retrieving the results quickly. From there, you can take proactive steps to protect the reputations of your sending domain(s) and your assigned IPs by removing the invalid email addresses from your mailing lists or contacts. This due diligence, in turn, aids in maintaining an excellent quality of recipients, as well as minimizing bounce and suppression events. We're all about optimizing your sending to help enable the full range of your success!
How to Use the Bulk Verification API & Retrieve the Results
For your convenience, our Marketing and Sales Engineering teams have worked together to create a short video on how to use our Bulk Verifications features using simple API tools, available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cu04fV2Im0&feature=youtu.be.
If utilizing the Bulk Verifications feature via the Verifications API, the steps are as follows:
- Create a mailing list and upload members; take note of its alias.
- Submit a POST to the API URL which contains the alias from step 1 (more on this step below).
- Periodically submit a GET to the same URL to retrieve the download links for the CSV and JSON files.
We'll show you how to do this below:
- First, log in to the Mailgun Control Panel (if you have not already done so).
- Then, within the left-hand navigation pane, click the Sending option to expand its list of suboptions.
- Next, click the Mailing lists suboption and select the intended mailing list.
- In the Details section and next to the Verify recipient addresses setting, click the Begin validation button and confirm the intention to perform the verification by clicking Begin.
Keep in mind - these verifications take some processing time! You'll see the display demonstrating the verifications as being in progress. Once complete, just click the Download verifications result button.
API Endpoints for Bulk Verifications
POST - API command used to Submit Job
GET - API command used to Gather Job Status
DELETE - API command used to Cancel Job
Things to Keep in Mind
For successful implementation with your particular use case, make sure to remember the following:
- Only one job can be processed per account at any given time
- The processing rate of lists can vary depending on list size and system load
Highlights & Features
In summary, here's the of options Bulk Verifications provides for you:
- Perform a list-based verification much faster than can be done one-by-one
- Both CSV and JSON versions of processed email addresses available
- Perpetually retrievable and parseable
- Only three new simple sets of APIs that anyone already oriented with Mailgun's architecture can quickly and readily adopt
- Existing Mailing Lists uploaded to your Mailgun account are readily able to use - right away
Mailgun by Sinch has answers! If you have any concerns or questions, please send us a Support ticket using the Support page within your Mailgun Control Panel. Our Support Team will be happy to assist!