Perhaps you've scheduled a message for future delivery but later realized the wrong date and time were specified. Or maybe you've seen a large number of retries enqueued because of mistyped addresses in your Logs, but didn't know how to stop them from piling up. Hopefully you've never had the headache of accidentally submitting a massive amount of messages to the wrong list, or the misfortune of creating an infinite sending loop through an accidental code deploy.
However, if you have - don't worry! Here's what you need to do:
The Solution To All That Ails You
The Clear Domain Queue feature available for every domain is the solution for any and all of the above situations. If you press this button, all enqueued messages for that domain will be deleted; mailing list sending, batch sending, scheduled sending, and emails that have temporarily failed but are still within our retry window. So, if you've recently performed any of the aforementioned types of sending, any and all emails remaining to be processed for that domain will be completely wiped from our system.
Clearing The Queue: A Quick Primer
To utilize the Clear Domain Queue feature, just follow the steps below:
If you're using the classic UI (options across the top, with a silver background), use the following instructions:
- Click the Domains tab within your Mailgun Control Panel
- On the following page click on your domain
- Scroll to the Clear Domain Queue section, click to expand the section
- Click the Clear Domain Queue button to clear the domain's queue
If you're using the beta UI (options displayed down the left-hand side on a dark column), use these instructions:
- Click on Messages on the left-hand side of your the Mailgun dashboard and click Domains
- Click the domain within the list for which you desire to clear the queue
- On the following page click on Settings and scroll down to Clear Domain Queue
- Click on Clear Queue and confirm your selection by clicking Clear Queue in the pop-up
One Last Note Before You Go
It is important to note that the amount of time required to clear the domain's queue will vary based on the number of enqueued messages. Therefore, if a domain has thousands of messages enqueued, the deletion of all enqueued messages will not be instantaneous.
If any questions arise, just reach out to our Support team via the Support tab in your Mailgun control panel!