Need to change the email address associated with your user?
We've got you covered!
Step 1 - Determine Your Options
All Mailgun-direct (meaning you login via mailgun.com) accounts support multi-user access with one exception: accounts on the Free plan (i.e. no credit card entered into our system).
- If you're on the Free billing plan or do not have a Mailgun-direct account type, please submit a support ticket via the Support option in your control panel, and we will help you get this taken care of right away. Please be sure to include the desired email address and name of the new user when you submit the ticket.
- Otherwise, continue with the below steps outlining the Self-Service Option to update the email address. If you are not an Admin on the account, you'll need to reach out to an Admin user to make this adjustment.
Step 2 - Invite The New User
The Self-Service Option requires creating a new user with the desired name and email address.
Inside the Mailgun Control Panel (options displayed down the left-hand side on a dark column), use the following instructions:
- Click on the Settings option on the left-hand side of your Mailgun dashboard.
- Select Security & Users.
- Click the Invite New User button.
- Enter the desired email address, name, and role for the new user and then click the Invite User button.
Step 3 - Activate the New User
You should receive an "Invitation" to the desired email address shortly after inviting the new user. This email will contain a link to activate and set up a password for the new user. Once complete, try to log in as the new user to confirm it is working.
Step 4 - Remove the Previous User
Once your new login is activated, it's safe to remove the previous user from the account, if desired. However, if the previous user was also the Account Owner on the account, the user who is the Account Owner will need to promote another user to the Account Owner role. After that, the previous user can finally be deleted.
Step 5 - Congratulations!
You have successfully changed the email address on the account! Have some cake.
If you run into any trouble with the above steps, just contact our Support team via the Support option in your Mailgun control panel and they will be happy to assist you!