Setting up 2-factor authentication is one of the best ways to secure your account from unauthorized access. This is a quick and simple process that requires two things:
- Something you know: as in your account’s password
- Something you have: as in a physical device like your cell phone or computer
To start, you’ll need to choose a 2FA application that will generate the 6 digit code required to log in. There are a number of applications, but to name a few:
Once your 2FA application is installed and ready to go, it is time to activate 2FA on your Mailgun account.
- In the Mailgun dashboard under Account Overview select Account Settings
- On the following page, click on Security and scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Activate 2FA.
- IMPORTANT: Before proceeding, copy the 64 character paper key and store it in a secure location. This key is vital in recovering your account in the event that your 2FA device is lost, stolen, or malfunctioning.
- Do not close out of this popup until 2FA has been successfully activated. If the popup is closed before fully activating 2FA, remove the account from your device and restart step 2.
If the code was entered correctly, the popup will close and you will see a Deactivate 2FA button.