Mailgun customers send millions of emails per month, so finding the status of a specific email can be like finding a needle in a haystack.
We built the API to be highly performant, even across 10s of millions of log entries. To do this, we built the API on top of ElasticSearch, an open-source framework for building real-time search and analytics.
Fields you can search across:
- From address
- To address
- Recipient address
- Event type
- List name
- Tag name
- Attachment name
- Message ID
Examples of some search queries you can run:
- "foo bar" matches field values that contain both term "foo" and term "bar".
- "foo AND bar" same as above.
- "foo OR bar" matches field values that contain either term "foo" or term "bar".
- ""foo bar"" (with quotes) matches field values that literally contain "foo bar".
- "@example.com" matches all from, to and recipients @example.com
- tags:"your tag here"
Things to keep in mind:
- The events/logs data, as well as the raw MIME of a given message, are only available for specific periods of time, which are determined by your account's billing plan. The range for logs/events is 5 to 30 days and the range for the raw MIMEs is 0 to 3+ days.