Mailgun customers send millions of emails per month, so finding the status of a specific email can be like finding a needle in a haystack.
We built the API to be highly performant, even across 10s of millions of log entries. To do this, we built the API on top of ElasticSearch, an open-source framework for building real-time search and analytics.
Fields you can search across:
- From address
- To address
- Recipient address
- Event type
- List name
- Tag name
- Attachment name
- Message ID
Examples of some search queries you can run:
- "foo bar" matches field values that contain both term "foo" and term "bar".
- "foo AND bar" same as above.
- "foo OR bar" matches field values that contain either term "foo" or term "bar".
- ""foo bar"" (with quotes) matches field values that literally contain "foo bar".
- "@example.com" matches all from, to and recipients @example.com
- tags:"your tag here"
Things to keep in mind:
- The events/logs data, as well as the raw MIME of a given message, are only available for specific periods of time, which are determined by your account's billing plan. The range for logs/events is 5 to 30 days and the range for the raw MIMEs is 0 to 3+ days.
- While the events/logs data cannot be exported or downloaded from within the Control Panel, this data is fully available and obtainable through the use of our Events API.
Mailgun by Sinch has answers! If you have any concerns or questions, please send us a Support ticket using the Support page within your Mailgun Control Panel. Our Support Team will be happy to assist!