When managing multiple apps, it is recommended to use different SMTP credentials for each app to separate traffic between servers/apps.
Creating New SMTP Credentials
If you're using the classic UI (options across the top, with a silver background), use the following instructions:
- Click the Domains tab within your Mailgun Control Panel.
- On the following page click on your domain.
- To create additional SMTP credentials click on Manage SMTP Credentials.
- On the following page, click on New SMTP Credential and enter the SMTP Username, Password, and confirm your password by entering it again.
- Save the new credential click Create Credential.
If you're using the beta UI (options displayed down the left-hand side on a dark column), use the following instructions:
- Click on Messages on the left-hand side of your the Mailgun dashboard.
- On the following page, click on your specific domain.
- On the following page, click on Settings, then click on SMTP Credentials.
- To update the password, click Reset Password.
- Confirm your password reset by clicking Reset Password in the pop-up.
- NOTE: Your SMTP credential's new password will be displayed on the top-right corner within a green pop-up. Save this password, as it will not be exposed again.
At this point, you can see your newly-created SMTP credential on the domain's credentials page.
For information on how to create additional SMTP credentials via the domains API see our documentation.
If any questions arise, just reach out to our Support team via the Support tab in your Mailgun control panel!