When managing multiple apps, it is recommended to use different SMTP credentials for each app to separate traffic between servers/apps.
Creating New SMTP Credentials
We'll show you how to do this below:
- First, log in to the Mailgun Control Panel (if you have not already done so).
- Then, within the left-hand navigation pane, click the Sending option to expand its list of suboptions.
- Next, click the Domain settings suboption, and then click on the SMTP credentials tab.
- Ensure that the domain you wish to delete is displayed within the Domain drop-down list towards the upper-right portion of the page.
- To update the password, click the Reset password button.
- Confirm your password reset by clicking the Reset Password button in the pop-up modal.
- NOTE: The new SMTP password will be available within a dark-gray notification window that appears in the bottom-right portion of the Control Panel. Save this password in your application and in a secure password manager, as it will not be displayed again.
At this point, you can see your newly-created SMTP credential on the domain's credentials page.
For information on how to create additional SMTP credentials via the Domain API, see our documentation.
Need to shorten or otherwise customize your SMTP password? Check out this article!
Mailgun by Sinch has answers! If you have any concerns or questions, please send us a Support ticket using the Support page within your Mailgun Control Panel. Our Support Team will be happy to assist!