If you're on the Free plan without credit card information present, or using your sandbox domain for testing, you're restricted to sending just to Authorized Recipients.
Restricting a domain or an account to a fixed set of verified email addresses makes them less useful for spammers. At the same time, you could still test the service right away, with no extra steps like adding a credit card, which upgrades your account, to allow you to add custom domains. From custom domains, you can send to whomever you like!
But say you're not ready for that just yet; you're wanting to ensure our service is a good fit, and are looking to configure Authorized Recipients to prove this.
To do this, if you're using the classic UI (options across the top, with a silver background), use the following instructions:
- Click on your current email address in the top right-hand portion of the Mailgun.
- From the options shown, select Account Settings.
- Click the Authorized Recipients tab in order to enter a new or view an existing Authorized Recipient.
If you're using the beta UI (options displayed down the left-hand side on a dark column), use these instructions:
- Click on the Messages option on the left-hand side of your Mailgun dashboard.
- Select your sandbox domain; you'll see the name as a long string starting with "sandbox."
- On the right-hand side, you will see a tile that allows you to enter a new or view an existing Authorized Recipient.
Up to 5 Authorized Recipients can be added.
After a recipient accepts the invitation by clicking on the activation link, they become "Verified," and you can send messages to them. Until then, the recipients are considered "Unverified."
If any questions arise, just reach out to our Support team via the Support tab in your Mailgun control panel!