As banks across India continue implementing systems to comply with the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) communication on the processing of e-mandates for recurring transactions, you may see higher payment failure rates on subscriptions that routinely charge your card. RBI has decided to permit the processing of e-mandate on cards for recurring transactions with AFA.
What You Can Do
- Please Review: Conditions to be fulfilled for processing e-mandate on cards for recurring transactions (DPSS.CO.PD.No.447/02.14.003/2019-20 dated August 21, 2019) 
- Please review any implementations or updates that have been made by your banking institution as a result of these changes. We have included some of these documents below:
- With your bank, please complete the one-time registration process with AFA validation.
- During this process, you should be given an option to provide the e-mandate for either a pre-specified fixed value of recurring transactions or a variable value of the recurring transactions.
- If you choose the variable value, please note that you must clearly specify the maximum value of the recurring transaction which is subject to the overall cap set by the RBI (currently ₹ 2,000 per transaction).
Once The One-Time Registration Is Complete
After the one-time registration process is complete, the payments for your subscription with us should process as long as they are within the specified values that you provided to your banking institution.
You can also make a one-time payment directly from your invoice. To process the failed payment, you can navigate the Billing section of our customer portal, locate the outstanding invoice, and select the corresponding "Pay Now" button on the right side of the page. This will allow you to review and process the manual payment of the invoice. Then, with your invoice opened within your browser, click the green "Pay Invoice Online" button.
Mailgun by Pathwire has answers! If you still have any concerns or questions, please send us a Support ticket through the Support page within your Mailgun Control Panel. Our Support Team will be happy to assist!