As banks across India continue implementing systems to comply with the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) communication on the processing of e-mandates for recurring transactions, you may see higher payment failure rates on subscriptions that routinely charge your card. RBI has decided to permit the processing of e-mandate on cards for recurring transactions with AFA.
What You Can Do
- Please Review: Conditions to be fulfilled for processing e-mandate on cards for recurring transactions (DPSS.CO.PD.No.447/02.14.003/2019-20 dated August 21, 2019) 
- Please review any implementations or updates that have been made by your banking institution as a result of these changes. We have included some of these documents below:
- With your bank, please complete the one-time registration process with AFA validation.
- During this process, you should be given an option to provide the e-mandate for either a pre-specified fixed value of recurring transactions or a variable value of the recurring transactions.
- If you choose the variable value, please note that you must clearly specify the maximum value of the recurring transaction which is subject to the overall cap set by the RBI (currently ₹ 2,000 per transaction).
Once The One-Time Registration Is Complete
After the one-time registration process is complete, the payments for your subscription with us should process as long as they are within the specified values that you provided to your banking institution.
To process the failed payment, you can navigate the Billing section of our customer portal and click the green "Retry payment" or "Reactivate account" button (the button displayed depends on whether the account is disabled) on the right side of the page. This action will process the payment of the outstanding balance; additionally, if the account was disabled due to the failed payment, the account will be automatically re-enabled.
Mailgun by Sinch has answers! If you have any concerns or questions, please send us a Support ticket using the Support page within your Mailgun Control Panel. Our Support Team will be happy to assist!