Downgrading The Account
If you find yourself needing to send significantly fewer emails moving forward, you may be wondering how to downgrade your account's current plan. We'll show you how to do this below:
1. Then, at the top-right corner of the page, click the Profile drop-down menu to expand its list of options.
2. Next, click the Plan & Billing option. Alternatively, you can use this direct link, particularly if you already logged into your account.
3. Here you will see the Mailgun Send product subscription (and, if subscribed, the Mailgun Optimize product subscription). Click the gear icon next to the green Upgrade button and select the Downgrade option.
Please note: if your account is already utilizing the the most minimal plan that we offer, it is not possible to further downgrade the account.
Also note: step 3 and step 4 are virtually the same for downgrading the Mailgun Optimize product subscription. You would click the Downgrade button in the Mailgun Optimize product subscription box and select the plan level desired.
4. The resulting screen will show the plans available for downgrade. Adjust the slider tool to approximately match your new monthly sending volume and click the Select plan button for the desired plan.
What happens next?
Once a new plan is chosen, our system will effectively schedule a downgrade on your account: this means that the selected plan will display on the account but will not take full effect until right before the next billing cycle occurs. Billing cycles occur on the 1st day of each month; as such, before the billing process begins for the coming month, the scheduled downgrade will take full effect.
Canceling The Account
Now, if you wish to cancel the account completely (i.e. the Mailgun Send product subscription, as well as the Mailgun Optimize product subscription if you have subscribed to that product), we'll show you how to do this below:
- At the top-right corner of the page, click the Profile drop-down menu to expand its list of options.
- Next, click the Manage Account option. Alternatively, you can use this direct link, particularly if you already logged into your account.
- Then, towards the bottom of the page, click the Request Cancellation button and confirm your selection by clicking the Proceed with account cancellation button in the pop-up modal.
Warning: clicking the Request Cancellation button and confirming cancellation is both immediate and irreversible. All data on your Mailgun account will be deleted and unrecoverable.
Sinch Mailgun has answers! If you have any concerns or questions, please send us a Support ticket using the Support page within your Mailgun Control Panel. Our Support Team will be happy to assist!